Best-BRA opens to recruitment
Trial Manager: Dr Kirsty Roberts
Best-BRA is finally open to recruitment! West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust was the first site to open, and we would like to wish them the best of luck with recruitment and congratulate them on being the first site to open. Best-BRA is a pilot RCT which randomises women to either a pre-pectoral implant-based breast reconstruction or a subpectoral implant-based reconstruction following mastectomy (see Figure 1). As more sites across the UK are beginning to restart the set-up of non-urgent public health studies, we are experiencing a lot more interest in our study and are very excited to welcome and support new sites as they come on board.
Further details about the study.
Funder acknowledgement: Funded by the NIHR. Views expressed are those of author(s) and not necessarily those of the NHS, NIHR or DoH.
Twitter handle: @study_BestBRA
Patient and Public Involvement Showcase
Patient and Public Involvement Showcase August 2021
We recently held a showcase for the members of our patient advisory group to demonstrate the impact that Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) work has had on trials in the BTC. This included:
- The impact of feedback on the patient information leaflet in the INSPIRE study
- Impact of PPI input on the study design in the PURSUIT trial
- How PPI input meant the ‘lived experience’ was included at consensus panel discussion in the ARCo Study
- Discussing the appropriateness of a postal recruitment and consent process in the SUNFLOWER study
- Which results were reported in the VICI study
- How the study results will be shared for the ROMIO study
You can see the full presentation here