We actively research on how to improve the way we conduct studies.
Recent projects include:
- Developing a tool for trial monitoring (with the clinical trials unit in Nottingham)
- Developing an international clinical trials toolkit (with the clinical trials unit in Leeds)
- Developing guidance for Trial Steering Committees
- Conducting a Study within a trial (SWAT) to evaluate how the design of the patient information leaflet impacted on consent rates
- Using routine data to investigate the feasibility of alternative study designs for an NIHR-HTA commissioned topic – Report and Poster
- Developing IMP-TRACK software to track supply and accountability of a drug or device throughout the trial lifecycle